Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Break

This week, the kids are out of school for Fall Break. Since Dave has been really busy with work, I decided the kids and I needed to get and do something fun. My solution was to take them on a little trip out to Thatcher, AZ to visit our old neighbors (see "great neighbor's" post a couple of weeks ago). In order to get through their house, we have to drive straight through Globe, where my Dave's amazing sister and brother-in-law endured living for 8 weeks so we could be close to them. (see post "we miss you" for more info...) So, Jon and Katie--this is for you!

Just a little Mexican restaraunt when you first come into town. We kept hearing everyone talk about it, so we finally went just before they left. It was good, but not the best I've been too. Interestingly enough, it is called "Burger House." Please notice the lovely scenery behind the restaraunt, including the mine. Lovely.

This is where they lived. It was a Christian Church that had a small apartment on the side.The kids standing on their frong lawn. (CK, B, KL, D, L)
In the parking lot, looking at the door we always used.
We still miss you guys. We still want you to move back, though not back there! At least I won't always groan when I drive through. I now have happy memories!

When we got to the Turleys, Debbie and I decided we should make a bench for her table. Just before she left, we re-finished it, but they are still a chair short. I made a bench for my kitchen table a couple of years ago and I love it. You can fit a million kids on it! So, here we are sitting atop our accomplishment. We look awfully pretty after spending the day working outside on it and dealing with 10-12 kids. It isn't the prettiest thing, but it will certainly serve a purpose!
For those of you who have been in my kitchen, you're probably thinking this looks just like mine, but what can I say? I knew what would work, so we stuck with it!

CK, Keira, L... the cute girls just before we left.

I also made Debbie start a blog when I was there, so if any of you who know them would like to check up on them, their address is settledatseven.blogspot.com. I plan to bug her often to keep it updated, and I'm sure your encouragment would be appreciated too! Hope the rest of you who are enjoying fall break are finding ways to keep busy too!

3 comments:

Erin A said...

I've heard about the Burger House too--but never been! So can you make me start a blog? I've wanted to start one but been overwhelmed by all the cute pages, playlists, etc...

Andrea W. said...

What a fun adventure for you and your kids. It's killing me to know that if I lived by you my house would be decorated with all your energetic help and ideas. Perhaps next time you and your kiddies need a little trip you could drive say 11 hours? How on earth did you make that bench?

Lynnae said...

I hope you don't mind me blog dropping, but I feel I can maybe keep in touch a little with some people this way in my crazy life. I laughed at the Globe entry. Globe is an interesting place. One step closer to Duncan. :(