Saturday, September 27, 2008

Great Neighbors!

Most of y0u who know me have heard me go on and on about how wonderful my neighborhood is. We absolutely love it here. There are so many great families and lots of kids around for my kids to play with. We have been truly blessed to live here and have the friends we have. Last year, one of our favorite families moved and we have been so sad every since they did. Their kids are all the same ages as mine and consequently, my kids best friends. Their oldest son is 1 1/2 week older than D Their next is a daughter who is 3 months older than the twins, then a son who is a year and a half younger than them. With the last 2 girls, we told each other we were pregnant at the same time. She would say, "I think I'm pregnant," and I'd say, "Wow! So do I!" With KL, I was so sure she was going to be a boy, but when my dear friend Debbie found out she was having a girl, I said,"Hmmm...maybe it will be a girl after all..." Of course, she was and I tried to tell Debbie that was a sign that she was suppose to stay and not move. She didn't listen to me. Thankfully, they do come back and see us though. They were here last weekend and stayed with us. We had a lot of fun. We went out to our neighborhood park for picnic on Friday night. Because our neighborhood is so social, if one person goes out, it doesn't take long before there is a big party going on because everyone else comes out as well. Here are some pictures from our fun Friday night.

Anna, Lani B. Savanna (the one who left us...) and L
The boys playing football (or maybe tag at this point) in the dark. B is in the front with his back to us.
CK and KL going down the slide. This is KL's new favorite thing.
Debbie, Tara (another awesome neighbor) and me
The kids were pretty wiped out when we got home. We let CK and Kiera lay down on my bed to watch a movie. It didn't take long for this to happen.

No comments: