Monday, October 6, 2008

Anther Reason We Love the Bronco's

D plays flag football on my brother-in-laws team. They are the Bronco's which is quite exciting for the boys! When we signed him up , we decided to play up a year (meaning play in the 11-12 year old league rather than then 9-10 yr old's) so he could play with his cousin Scottie and uncle Roman for uncle Scott. I wasn't sure I wanted him playing with all the other kids because he is smaller anyway, but I decided I would rather let him play with people he wanted too, then by himself with his own age group... mostly because that is what he wanted. Well, as it turns out, he is definitely playing with kids bigger than him! The 13-14 yr old age group didn't have enough kids sign up to have their own league so they mixed those kids in with the 11-12 year old kids, and my 10 year old who is already small! Their team doesn't have any of the older kids because their team was already full, so their team has 2 10's 2-12's and 8 11's. The size difference was pretty obvious on the first game. The other team's smallest kid was the size of our biggest. After that game, David came and said that he wished they had some of the big kids. I told him if that was the case, he wouldn't be playing because the big kids would be taking his place and he decided that maybe he would rather lose and get to play than win and sit on the bench. Good attitude. Here are some pictures from his this last weekend's game.
Note the size difference...Standing next to Roman
In motion--he is quite the little pass rusher!
He is quite the team supporter (at first I said cheerleader but he asked that I change that. He is far to boy-ish to be referred to as a cheerleader...sorry D!). Here he is running up to congratulate his teammate after scoring a touchdown. I will say that I am most proud of his great sportsmanship when he is out there.

1 comment:

Andrea W. said...

Those pictures are so cute. D actually looks exactly like I remember him only way bigger, or course, but his face looks the same and it's always been such a cute face!