Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween decorations

Most of you who know me, know how much I absolutely love Christmas and when it comes to decorating, I hold NOTHING back. Because I put so much into it, I usually feel to overwhelmed to do it for any other holiday. Maybe that is the wrong word... It is more that I don't care about any other holiday enough to put for that much effort. Well, my friend and neighbor Kimberly (my creative inspiration) has some super cute stencils that got me in the mood to do a little decorating. Last week, I made 2 signs, the one above the door and the one by the pumpkin and I just had them sitting outside. Well, today, I did something very out of character... I decided to clean out the garage. As I was doing that, I came across our Halloween boxes and I found the little pumpkin lights, so I decided, "Hey! Why not?" Then, when I dropped of Kalani at preschool, my dear Kimberly had some vinyl lettering that she gave me. Apparenlty, our beloved, and recently moved, friend and neighbor Ali had some vinyl cut by another friend--Tami--before she abandoned us. Ali didn't get around to using it all, so she gave it to Kimberly, who in turn gave it to me. At first, I wasn't quite sure how I would use it because it didn't really fit on any of my cabinets, but I decided, I had it...it was free... so, once again, why not? I took a little field trip down to JoAnn's and looked for some cute paper, and some brooms. I came home and got to work. At first, I had some serious doubts, but I just love how it turned out. Now, I love decorating for Halloween too! Of course, I will never love it as much as Christmas!


(the sign above the door says, "Gimme Your Candy")

This is the a close up of my little art project for today. Like I said, I love it so much because I am just so surprised by how cute it turned out! I just took some old cup hooks and painted them black and put them on the bottom to hold up the brooms and hat.
I really like this little sign. I'm sure my kids have a hard time finding as funny as I do.
This is just a picture of my ugly light over my porch (I actually went down to Home Depot to see if I could find a nicer light to replace to day, but I couldn't find anything, so we are still stuck with it). I put some black lights in it. Hee...hee...hee... The kids are going to love it!

1 comment:

nicole said...

I love it! It looks wonderful. So fun that you just whipped all of that up in an afternoon. I need to find a way to motivate myself. I'm about ready to post my list of " house to dos" before Thanksgiving. It's a long one and the only way I'll get it done is if I find a little bit of your "get up and go." It was fun seeing you guys last week. We'll have to get together for the ASU v UofA game. I think all the boys will like that.