Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dave's in Denver

About a month ago, Dave and I decided we wanted to have a special trip with each of the kids. Mostly, because I realized that I feel like I spend a lot of time getting upset with L and D is getting close to his teenage years and I wanted the kids to have memories have us having fun with them and making oppurtunities to bond with them. So... this last weekend, Dave and D took a little trek up to visit my sister and brother in law in Denver. They got back last night and had a great time. Here are some pictures of their trip.

On Saturday, they went downtown and played. Here they are playing at ESPN Zone:

This D downtown with the capital in the background:

Here are the boys. Gunnar, Tyton and D. About a half hour after they got home, D was sitting on the couch crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said he missed Tyton. As much fun as he had, his favorite part was playing with his little cousins. I made the mistake of asking his favorite part of the trip at dinner and that brought on a whole new wave of tears. They are such cute boys. I did a little post about them a couple of weeks ago.
Here he is at the entrance of Invesco Field at Mile High

They had great seats. I think they were on row 6 (I guess it pays to know someone...)
Kickoff... #46 is Spencer D and Dave; note their cool stickers that allow them down on the field.
I packed about 3 layers for D to wear and he still said it was freezing. Dave went and bought himself a new jack to wear just before the game.

D on the field.
On Monday, they went down to the Aquarium. Here are some more pictures of D with his little buddy.
I'm glad they had so much fun. I really think it will be a trip that D will always remember. Next up... Me and B will head up to Montana. He wanted to play in the snow and we found some amazing fares up to Billings where my grandparents and aunt and uncle live. Only $84 round trip after all taxes! How could we pass on that? Anyway, my uncle sent me a text this weekend showing me all the snow. He took a picture with a tape measurer in the snow. 18". Yikes! Hopefully some (but not all) of it will still be there for B by the time we get there!

3 comments:

nicole said...

It looks like they both had such a good time. It's too bad they couldn't pull a win out of it too. Todd's getting worried about his bet with D. I have a feeling your going to have a slave for a day! =)

Mary-Sunshine said...

I am so glad they had so much fun. Does D know that Tyton will be coming down soon?

Jenna said...

Hey Cheryl it's Jenna. I came across your blog and couldn't help but say hi! It looks like you guys are doing great I'm glad I found ya!