Monday, September 15, 2008

We miss you!!!

Last spring, my brother in law was finishing up his degree in Physical Therapy. He needed to do an internship out of state and he and my sister in law, very selflessly chose to go to a small, economically depressed mining town about an hour and a half (well, 1 hr 15 min to be exact) east of us. It's really not a fun place to be , but they did it any way. They would come here on the weekends, and I would try and go out there and see them during the week. It was so much fun having them here. We have never been able to spend that much with any of Dave's family and I just can't put into words how great it was. They are so much fun. Katie would allow me to obsess over all my crazy things and would totally go along with and make all the right comments (so would Jon too for that matter. I was redoing my kitchen at the time and they were the perfect "ooo"-ers and "ahh"-ers), and the boys are still asking when Jon can come back and play ball with them. They have 2 little girls. The oldest is the same age as CK and their baby is just a couple of months older than KL. Their personalities are so much fun! Ma (the older one) has the most energetic, fun, sweet personality you could possibly imagine. There are just no words to describe how cute she is. My little sister's husband once walked up to her and said, "If you mom and dad ever decide that they don't want you any more, you can come and live with me." That is really how all of us felt (not that anyone would ever decide they don't want her any more...just the want her to be with us part). When ever I mention her name, my whole family just melts and says how cute she is and how much we all miss her. My parents just loved that she would call them Grammy and Grandpa and want to go and play at their house. Ka (the baby) has the bluest eyes and the roundest tummy/thighs you can imagine. Just thinking about it makes me want to take a big old bite out of her.

Anyway, I just wanted to put up a couple of pictures of when they were here. Thanks so much for coming, Jon and Katie!!! We love and miss you guys so much. If there is anything I can do to talk you into coming back, just let me know! (Seriously, you are probably just going to have to come out and tell me no...you don't want to live here, or else I'm never going to quit bugging you about it!!!)

CK, KL, L, Ma, Ka, B
CK, KL, L, Ma, Ka

Ka...see what I mean about her chubs?

No comments: