Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to B & L

I'm finally getting around to putting up the pictures from B and L's bday celebration. We had fun, but it was a busy day!

L has been so excited for months... since the first time she saw the High School Musical 3 movie poster and realized that it was coming out on her birthday. She has making plans to go ever since. I told her she could invite 2 friends to come with her. When I told her this, she was quite distressed because she had already invited about 10 to come along. I made her narrow down her list and here are the girls scarfing down their popcorn just before the movie started.

L, Emma, Lauren, and Anna


The movie ran a little bit longer than I thought and so we raced out as soon as we could, went and picked up our 6 ft sub then ran home to where my family was waiting for dinner and a family party. We were on a tight schedule because we only had 1 hour before we had to leave for the school for the Fall Festival.

Here is the scene at dinner. Note we already have some kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes. In that one hour, we had to eat, open presents and get all the kids dressed. It was crazy, but fun! (little side note: one of the reasons they have a fall festival at school is because they kids aren't allowed to wear their costumes to school on Halloween. It makes me upset every year that my first grader's can't wear a costume to school, but they let the high school kids do it!!! Anyway... I could get going on that one, so I'll just move on.)



Birthday cakes. B wanted a football cake, and L wanted oreo truffles. Can't fault her there! She's got good taste! I decided to make them in the shape of hearts to make them a little bit more special. For those of you who haven't had the oreo truffles, you are really missing out! I can't help but believe that they are litterally a little peice of heaven on earth and so easy to make too!


Here we are opening presents. L and Anna and Sam: L and A are matching cats for halloween, though they don't have all their accesories here so it is a little hard to tell.



B opening his favorite present of the night... OJ! He loves it and it has been his favorite present since his birthday last year and Christmas! He is a funny kid and we love him.


L's favorite present came from my sister, Jill. My little pre-teen just loves the hot sticks she got and askes me to put them in her hair every day.


As soon as the party was over, we went to the school for our festival. I didn't manage to take any pictures there, but the kids had fun just the same. It was an action packed, but fun birthday and I hope they enjoyed it. Once again, I'm just so thankful that I have those two little munchkids to celebrate!



3 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

It comes as no surprise to me to see that Emma is the one holding the popcorn and shoving it all in her mouth. Thanks for having her :). She's been talking about Troy and Gabriella all week.

Andrea W. said...

Fun! You are a good woman, I can't beleive you crammed all that in. How was the movie?

Jill said...

What a great mom! Running around and making their birthday's special. High School Musical 3 she will never forget that day!