Monday, October 6, 2008

Toothless...finally!!!!


L has had her 2 front tooth loose forever! I have been begging her to get them out, but she freaks out any time I try to encourage her to do something about it. She won't even let me try and wiggle it for her. This could be because when her first 2 teeth were loose, she wouldn't do too much about those either. The new teeth were almost completely grown in when I asked if I could just check and see how loose they were. I stood her in front of the mirror, put the back of her head against my stomach and held it in place with one hand, and with the other, quickly pushed down on the 2 offending teeth and yanked them out. She was quite torn between fury at my actions, and elation that she had lost her first 2 teeth! Anyway, back to the story at hand... so she won't let me help her. She lost 1 of her front teeth a couple of weeks ago, but the 2nd was still hanging on, with no encouragement to leave. Last week, she came running into me screaming, crying, and bleeding because B had punched her in the mouth knocking her tooth looser. It was just hanging on by a thread. I knew I should have been really angry with B, but truthfully, all I could think of was, "Finally!!" I did make him apologize and I hope I sounded stern as I reprimanded him. The next morning, she started crying again because her tooth was missing. I took her back into her room and sure enough, there it was on her bed. Lets just hope her next set of loose teeth don't require anything so extreme. Of course, now B's front teeth are starting to get loose and he has the same apprehension as his sister when it comes to getting them out, and especially allowing my help. Maybe I should allow L the chance to return the favor...

No comments: