Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful day. It started out a little sad though, as we bid Emma a farewell. Here the 2 of us are sporting our t-shirts from the concert.
Here is the whole family gathered to tell her good bye just before I took her to the airport. I was sad to let her go, but am more thankful that she was able to come. That is one thing that I am so very thankful for! All the wonderful friends that I have been blessed with. To all of you, although I don't get to see you very often, please know I am ifinitely grateful to have you in my life! Anyway, I took Emma down to the airport and said good-bye to her. It was hard to let her go, but I had decided I had better or else she and her mom may never come and see me again. Thanks for coming, Emma! I had so much fun with you!!


After our sad adieu, I came home and got ready for dinner. We ate at my parents house.At one point, it looked like there might be over 50 people for dinner, so my mom asked me and Jill to both make turkeys as well. So, we had 3 turkeys, but only around 30 or so people that actually ended up coming. Actually, we had 2 turkeys, and 1 turducken. Huh? What's a turducken? Well, my friends, it is a turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a cornish game hen. I just so happened to have one sitting in my freezer, and this seemed like the perfect time to use it. I am sure you are wondering why I would have something like that in my freezer. It is because I had some neighbors who moved a couple of months ago and they were cleaning out their freezer before going. Thus, we had a turducken. Anyway, I took a lot of grief about it, and there were some pretty low expectations. But I have to say, it turned out pretty good! Here it is in all it's glory! (Also, it is pretty much boneless, so it made carving it pretty easy!)
If any of you decided you want a taste, let me know, we still have plenty of leftovers.


Here is the little kid table:
Big kid table:
Adult tables:




Later, it was time for pie. I decided to invent an oreo pepperment truffle pie. Here it is... It turned out pretty good, but I have decided that next time, I will only use 1 layer of white chocolate, instead of 2.

The row of pies:

KL really loved the pies too! Here she is with my dad after being found with a cherry pie filling can.

1 comment:

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Hey Woman! How can your turduken be boneless? Seriously, did you make that up? The pie looks awesome! I'm glad you got all the pictures! I was so involved with eating that I completely forgot to get any pictures!