Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Nativity

I don't know how many of you have watched The Nativity, but for those of you who haven't, I must highly encourage you to do so! It is a very powerful portrayal of all that Mary and Joseph went through. I especially love how Joseph is portrayed. It seems like we really don't hear too much about him, but in this movie, is really shows what a good, kind, and loving man he must have been. This movie was directed by Katherine Hardwicke, and for those of you who don't know, she directed Twilight as well. When I watch this movie, I really have to say it goes a long way towards exonerating her for that fiasco. Dave and I took the kids to see it in the theater when it first was released 2 years ago and I was so impressed. I decided to sit and watch it with the kids again last night for Family Night so they could have the proper prospective this close to Christmas. Before turning it on, we had a little talk about the movie and how sometimes the things we are asked to do aren't easy. Mary and Joseph were given a very hard task and while we will never be asked to do what they had to, we will be asked to make sacrifices. We always have the choice to accept the challenges and rise above them and we will alwasy have the help and guidance we need. Unfortuantely, they had all had a pretty late night the night before and so by the end of the movie, D and I were the only ones awake (though he is doing a pretty good impression of sleeping here!) . I decided to let them sleep in front of the tree and so here they all are.

No comments: