Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

Yea! It is finally here! My favorite day of the year! I almost think that Christmas Eve is even better that Christmas. I think that is because the anticipation is thick you can almost touch it. Christmas morning is fabulous too. We always eat breakfast before we can see what Santa brought us and open our presents. Let me tell you! When I was a kid, I really didn't love this, but now I do! But even then, I could recogonize how exciting everything was. I was alwasy so filled with anticipation, I thought I might burst! It is just so fun to do this with kids. I love their excitement! However, Dave and I are always shocked at our kids ability to go to sleep Christmas Eve night and stay asleep! Every year, we think, "This is the year they will be up all night begging to get up at 3!" But still... they stay fast asleep in their sweet little beds. Last year, Dave finally got up at 7 and started throwing pillows down the stairs at the boys room to get them to wake up! He would throw a pillow then run jump back in bed and pretend he was asleep (he likes the kids to "wake" him up Christmas morning). He had to do this about 3 or 4 times before they finally woke up. They were confused why there was a pile of throw pillows from the couch in front of their bedroom door!

Last night, I decided to let the kids stay up late while I was folding laundry and watch Christmas movies. B went and borrowed the Christmas Classics from Jill (Santa Claus is Coming To Town, Rudolf The Red-nosed Reindeer, Frosty, etc... it is a dvd collection. We use to have it, but all of the dvds have gotten lost, except for Rudolf). He really wanted to watch Santa Claus is Coming To Town. He was watching so intently, and then towards the end, he turned to me and asked, "Mom, is this non-fiction?"

I hope you all have a very wonderful Christmas and are able to enjoy the true spirit of this day, and your loved ones. Merry Christmas to you all!!

1 comment:

kirsten said...

Hi, Cheryl - It's been fun to look at your blog - I'm Kirsten (Allyson Kovacs' roomate from byu - you probably don't remember) and friend of David's from high school. Anyway, Merry Christmas!

kirstencanblog@gmail.com