Wednesday, May 27, 2009

School's Out For Summer

The school year is over. Yea!! Here are some pictures from the closing events.

1st Grade Performance:
The picture is blurry but Anna is bottom Right, L right behind her, Zach right next to L and B 2nd row all the way on the Left)
In the classroom after. It was my little sister's last day of HS, so she decided to leave with a bang. She really wanted to be remembered apparently. This was a costume that Jill had when she was 12 for a dance festival, then revised at 16 for a play. Katy told me she couldn't believe that she had never thought to wear it before. Jill and I were both a little mortified and I told her that she shouldn't be ashamed of the fact that the though had occurred to her to wear it. She should be more shocked that it came TOO wear it. Nonetheless...we still love her and the kids were thrilled that she was there.
Katy
Jill, L, Anna, Zach, B, Me
Grammy also got to come. B was really hoping she would and asked me if she was going to be able to, but he has reached a "cool" phase, so he couldn't act like he cared whether or not she was there.
Grammy, Katy
Zach, L, KL, B

Straight from there, we headed over to CK's preschool. Here she is with what was left of her class. There were more at different times of the year, but this was the crew that made it to the end.
CK, Emma, Lacey, Sammy, Ms. Kimberly
Sam (aka Superman!)
This is their "Welcome Song." She was so excited to sing it. She told me about it all week long.


I also had 2 sisters graduate from High School. Here are me, Mary and Julia as we were waiting through the ceremony. It won't be remembered for being short. They had 5 student speakers, a school board member, plus a guest speaker all before announcing the graduates. It started to rain as soon as they started reading names. Lots of people left, but we stuck it out. It was actually a gorgeous night and I'll take the rain over the heat!

All of us who made it.
Mom, Roman, Scottie, Katy, Mary, Julia, Me, Dad
Vasa, Mariana, D, Josh
Mariana
Katy
(she isn't just pulling a funny face to be funny... she had some oral surgery 2 days before and she was still really sore and couldn't move that side of her mouth!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy cracks me up. That costume was awesome and the last pic at graduation is pricless.

Lynnae said...

It was THE longest graduation I have ever been to. I had 1000 in my class at Mesa High and it wasn't as long. Oh well...We stuck it out too...most of us...in the rain. I love the rain. I love the pictures of your kids.

Andrea W. said...

I say yay for Katy for the costume!!! What fun end of school festivities, you guys know how to partay.

So, I totally wimped out on coming. It was supposed to be this weekend, but I just am not feeling well at all and my back is killing me. Honestly, the part that makes me the saddest is not being able to see you. I guess I'll just have to find another excuse when I'm not pregnant.

Erin A said...

I love all the pictures! I especially love the braces! They are charming!