Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009... Part 8: The Final Chapter.... The Leitzell Reunion

Our last night on vacation, we got to go a reunion for my grandma's family. She was 1 of 3 girls, but the only one left alive. I really feel incredibly blessed to have all 4 of my grandparents still living and am thankful for whatever time I get to spend with them.

My grandma and 1 of her sisters were both firey redheads. Their hair and their laughter have always been their most dominating characteristics. My grandma had 6 kids and almost 30 grandkids, but only 1 that had that red hair. I was always so jealous! I noticed at this reunion that her sister ended up with quite a few more redheads. I think it is save to say that Dave and I will never have any redheadded children. Bummer. Still, it was fun to see all that gorgeous auburned haired girls running around!

Here is my Grandma June and my Grandpa Pug.
Grandma June and Grandpa Pug dancing... They have been married for almost 69 years and my grandpa still treats her like she is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.

Big group of dancers. CK in the front looking back, and L on the 2nd row behind my cousin in the gold capri's.Katy, Marcee, Grandma June, Julee and Annie (backside view) dancing.
There was a big water slide for the kids. They loved it, but it was pretty cold, especially for us desert dwellers.
My cousin was doing face painting. CK picked for me to have a flower.
My cousin couldn't be there, but my aunt wanted to make sure we felt his presence anyway! (D with Kellan)
Eating dinner: Annie, Spencer, Dude (aka Erik), Mariana w/ Gunnar, Marjon, Me, Dad
My brother Erik and my cousin Lane provided a little meal time entertainment. Dude is singing, and Lane is on the keyboards. Their friends are the drums and violin (that one's Lindsey, but I don't know who the drummer is).

2 comments:

bethiepoos said...

that looks sooo fun! I am soo sad we missed it!

bethiepoos said...

hhhahahahha my verification word was..."mingin" tell dave!