Saturday, August 15, 2009

Shiners!

You may have noticed from the last post, that some of my kids appear a little bit banged up. Actually, someone asked my sister at church if my family had been in a car accident. I would just like to say, for the record, that I didn't cause any of these! A couple of weeks ago, CK and D were playing around and chasing each other and CK got tripped up and landed on a wooden chest at the end of the couch. Ouch! Her eye started swelling immediately. This was just a couple of days before school started.

Here she is on her first day of school:

A day or 2 after it happened:

At the end of the week and just about an hour before taking the rest of the kids to meet their teachers, D was playing "x-games" with his cousins at my sister's house on the trampoline, and he took a pole to his eye.

These pictures were taken a day or 2 after it happened. It is looking even more swollen than usual because he had just woken up and he was mad at me for sticking a camera in his face.


Both are recovering and I'm happy to report that CK's is almost completely gone. D's on the other hand, is still nice and colorful. Actually, after the swelling started going down, the bruising spread all the way down his cheek. It wasn't pretty, but still a cool thing for a 6th grader to show up at school with!

No comments: