Friday, August 14, 2009

First Day of School

The kids are all back in school now. Yea! It really feels good to be able to get back into a routine. While I do enjoy being able to be lazy and take a break from those routines, it is so nice to have my schedule back! I just get so much more done.

Anyway, CK started kindergarten this year. She is at a different school than the other kids because I wanted to find a place for her to do half day kindergarten instead of all day. I plan to have her repeat it next year in a full day class at the school the rest of the kids are at. At any rate, she started last week, just a few days before the rest of the kids. The school she goes to does uniforms, and while I did complain a little bit about having to buy them, I think she looks really cute in them. I'm sure as time goes on, I'll be posting lots more of her in her little uniform!

Here we are outside the house just before we left:

We had cousin Sam with us when we went to school. I just thought this looked cute they way they started walking up to the room together:

In front of the classroom with KL

With her teacher, Mrs. Lane

Sitting in her desk

The other kids started on Monday. Here is B, D, and L

B:

D:

L:

D, L, B at the school

So, now it's just me and KL in the afternoons. I can't say that I've gotten lonely yet. I am actually really enjoying the peace and quiet! Last year when CK was at preschool, KL would get really lonely, but we don't have that problem this year since it is pm kindergarten. We have just enough time to run an errand before the baby's nap--then I really get quiet time! I've already put together a nice long "to do" list for my now-peaceful afternoons!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Ahh Cheryl, you're killing me! The envy is palpable over here. I was going to have that! I really was! And now...I'm not. Enjoy your wonderful days with KL.

bethiepoos said...

cheryl

I am soo sad! Kyle was going to be in miss lane's class too, they would have nee together! sniff sniff I wish I could have made that work

Larsens said...

i cant believe she is old enough to go to school. i love that picture of her and mea!

Erin A said...

Darling! Does D have a black eye?

I'm in the same boat as you with one home in the pm. I love nap time!

My oldest attended K at a school with uniforms. Truth be told I preferred it. It makes getting ready worlds easier.

by michelle shirley said...

Sam is in the classroom next to CK's. He has Mrs Richardson for
1st. How are you liking the school?