Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm Another Year Older.

This year was like the year of never ending birthday celebrations for me...not that I minded. :)

We started out the day before my big day. We took the kids out to dinner, then Dave got me a delicious Ice Cream cake from DQ (Yum!!)


She just couldn't wait to get her hands on it!

He took the big family pic, so I insisted that he get in a picture with me.
The next day I had planned to do a whole lot of nothing...Well actually, I started out planning to finish get my house clean, becuase, you see, my fabulous mom and little sister had come over the day before and had done just about everything except mom and clean my bathroom. However, they came back over on the morning of my day and finished. (Seriously, can you think of a better present???)

After that, my sister invited me to lunch. We went to Olive Garden and I really enjoyed the salad and breadsticks. SOOO good!!! Beth and our friend Maithe came too (though left before our picture).

That night, there was a ward BBQ. It was a lot of fun. They had a a hay ride, bounce house, little fish pond, and (KL's favorite) a little tractor train ride. Seriously, all night when I couldn't find her, I would just go look over there. She would be laughing her head off in these little cars.


For entertainment, they had each presidency preform a skit. Since Dave is the ward clerk, he got to be a part of the bishopric skit. Here he is all "cowboyed" up. He really did learn to play the bass guitar for this!

The next night, we were at my mom's. It was General Conference weekend, so we went over there to meet up with all the men after Priesthood session. Here is where I got to open all my fun presents.

Love this dress? Dave picked it out. I've had lots of compliments on it.

A couple of months ago, I discovered that my diamond fell out of my wedding ring. Thankfully, I discovered this BEFORE sweeping into the disposal with the rest of the crumbs on the counter. While I was waiting to get it fixed, I mentioned to Dave how much I woudl love to get a Hawaiian Heirloom ring to wear. He totally came through. I love wearing it! It is beautiful. Here he is putting it on me.

While I'm out pictures, the celebrating didn't stop there. My neighbors took me out to breakfast a couple of days later. It was fun and I'm so thankful to have had so many years around so many fabulous people. What a great birthday! Thanks, everyone!

No comments: