Saturday, June 12, 2010

KL's 3!

KL turned 3 a couple of weeks ago. She was so excited for so long about her big day. We actually got to split it into a 2-day celebration which suited her just fine. We had a little party at Grammy's house the day before her birthday because we were all gathered for Sunday dinner, then we had a smaller event at our house on her actual birthday. Funny little story about her... My little sister was in town last week and I got to watch my little nephews one day. The older one, Ty, is about 6 weeks older than KL. Apparently, ever since it was his birthday, he has been convinced that it is still his birthday. Well, the 2 kids were playing pretty nice most of the time, but of course they had their moments. At one point, I hear Ty year, "You do NOT talk to me like that." I looked up and he was glaring at KL (who was glaring right back) with his hands on his hips (again... her too). A minute later he said, "I'm going to spank you in the butt!" KL must have assumed he meant boss because her response was, "No! I'm da butt! Cuz I'n free!" Ty: "NO! I'm free cause it my birday!" they went back and forth for a few minutes until I finally told them they were both three. With that realization, they smiled at each other and happily went off to play some more.

Here we are at Grammy's opening presents:

Modeling the dancing clothes she got:

With her birthday cake

The next day, at our house...
When she turned 1, my sister gave her a blanket that is silky on one side, and furry on the other. She loves it and I had made another one for her a while ago. For her birthday, she kept telling me she wanted 4 blankets. Well, she didn't get that many, but I did make her a new one.

Her "Princess And The Frog" dress from Emma and Tracey
Blowing out candles again. We had gone to Krispy Kreme that day, so I figured... what better treat?

We are so happy to have had her around for the last 3 years. She is such a fun, happy, funny little girl and love her to death!

1 comment:

Some Kind of Crazy said...

She's such a little doll! The blanket is beautiful!

I love how you type how she speaks because I can hear her little voice in my head!