Monday, June 21, 2010

Kinder-Grad

CK graduated from Kindergarten this year. I had originally planned to have her repeat kindergarten since she has a late August birthday, but due to budget changes and new laws in our state, that is no longer an option. So, this really was it for her. I'm hoping I will be able to get her on track, schooling wise so she will not always be the youngest girl in her class, but we will see. This year, she went to a charter school since they offered half day kindergarten and the public schools didn't. I'm planning on keeping her there one more year in what they are calling a K/1 class then I'll move her over to our friendly neighborhood school the following year to just do 1st grade. Hopefully this works! Either way, she has done fabulously this year and has learned so much! I can't believe how well she is reading and sounding out words. She has really loved being in school and her teacher was wonderful!

Here she is in her little grad-cap.
(I thought it was cute because they used crayons on a yarn for the tassels.)
She is in the middle.

Receiving her certificate from the principle.



Here she is with her class singing their song. She walked around the house singing this song for weeks! She was so excited to sing it for her program.

No comments: