Saturday, June 27, 2009

Father's Day

That has the be the longest stretch I've gone without updating! I've sat down a few times to do this, but have been distracted. Now, it is time for me to pledge to get our monotonous lives back up to date!

I'll start with Father's Day. Here is Dave with the kids while he is opening some presents.

CK gave her daddy a very special present. The Monday before the big day, she came upstairs with a gift bag all ready to give her daddy. However, it didn't take long for the bag to get ripped apart and the contents spread around the ground. When I went to clean up, I noticed that she had "given" him B's baseball trophy and football trophy. I got a little chuckle over it and then asked her a few days later what we should give daddy for Father's Day. She excitedly told me she knew what she wanted to give him. "He always wanted a twopee." I do think that she was right... or at least that she has heard him say that when ever B shows off his latest trophy when finishing his latest sport season. Well, she finally conceded that maybe she shouldn't give him B's. She said that she wanted to buy Dad one, but just couldn't find one.

Sunday, when I said it was time to wrap presents, she got really excited because she found something new to give her dad. She ran and brought me the Denver Broncos license plate cover that use to be on my car, but had to be removed because it is now illegal to cover any part of your license plate. Nonetheless, I told her she could give that to her dad. She was very proud. Here she is with her dad and her special present. (B and KL too)
Just a cute pic of KL getting a snuggle from her daddy.
On our way home from church that day, I told each of the kids that I wanted them to think hard about their favorite thing about their dad and we would tell him later. B said his favorite thing was his testimony. This took me a little by surprise to be coming from B of all people... he has kind of hit a "cool kid" phase so he doesn't really like to get to personal. After he said this, D immediately told me about a great spiritual lesson they had when they had gone camping with my dad that weekend. Evidently, it really hit home for B and so he was able to realize what a blessing it is to have a dad with such a strong testimony of the Savior.

We love Dave and hope he had a great Father's Day. We are so thankful to him for all he does for us!

No comments: