Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer School?

The day after school got out, the kids began construction on an extension to the "playhouse" (I guess fort is a better word) in my sister's back yard. They (mostly D and Josh) worked for 2 straight days in the heat and were so proud of their work. They made it into a school and have been holding classes there and even a field trip or 2 (we took them swimming at a neighbors).

Here it is from the outside. The "1 story" section is the school... although I think they have since added a second story, or have at least made plans for it.
Inside, B and Anna enjoy and Otter Pop...the other reason Jill's house is so much more preferable to ours. She always has a ready supply of these.
D taking my nephew Tyton over to a new section of the yard to attend his classes.


1 comment:

Erin A said...

I remember my brother and his friends making something very similar in our backyard. Seeing it brings back some old memories!