Monday, July 13, 2009

WICKED!!!

Last summer, my neighbor found that if she got a big enough group together, she could get advanced tickets at a group rate to go and see Wicked that is currently playing here. I was so excited because I have wanted to see it for a few years, but don't get that chance around here as much as I would like. When CK was a baby, we went to DC for Christmas and it was playing at the Kennedy Center. I was sorely tempted, but the only tickets I could find were $500 and I decided that was a little too much after the cost of flying the whole family out there. Anyway, after all our waiting, we finally got our chance to go last week. It was so AMAZING!! I highly recommend going if you ever get the chance. DAve liked it too. He said it was definitely the best of the ones I've dragged him too. Not that there have been many... Les Miserables when we were engaged (he flew down to surprise me and go with me, but he had been working double shifts at 2 jobs for the week leading up to it so he could get the time off so he was so tired that he fell asleep during it), Phantom of the Opera when we were in London (great music and effects... we had really good seats and were sitting just under where the chandelier goes up. It hovered just over our heads. But all that really can't make up for the less than amazing story... I still loved it though!).

Here we are waiting for the play to start.

After the show, Dave was pretty wiped out and ready to go home, but my amazing neighbor agreed to keep my camera and take pictures of the cast and get my program autographed. Yea!
Here are all the cast members with the daughters of my friends:
With Madame Morrible
With Nessarose
With Professor Dillamond
With Boc
With The Wizard
With Fiyero
And now the stars...
Galinda
and... Elphaba!!

8 comments:

Lynnae said...

I loved it too. Definitely worth it and I agree that it is the best play I have seen. John even liked it too. Haha

nicole said...

Todd and I went and saw it on Saturday and loved it. We saw it last year in LA and as soon as we walked out Todd wondered when and if it would be coming here. We bought our tickets a year ago and looked forward to it all year long. Saturday night did not disappoint. And the best part? I get to see it again in October...on Broadway! I can't wait. I'm so glad you got to go and you loved it too!

Sally said...

Grace earned her ticket by babysitting for us this whole year until May, when it came to us. She loved it, and even though Troy took her instead of me due to the baby, I was still singing the songs in my head all day. For Good is my favorite, I think.

Em said...

Isn't it awesome?!?! We've seen it twice in L.A. and I really have to work hard to resist going while it's here. My fave is "Defying Gravity", and I seriously get chills just thinking about it! Glad you got to go!!!!!

Andrea W. said...

Oh such an amazing show! I'm so glad you got to see it and loved it. I didn't think there was any way it would live up to all the hype I'd heard about it, but it SOOO did.

Erin A said...

That is such fun! I loved that you posted the pictures of the cast. I was bothered that the program didn't have head shots of the actors. I was wondering too if Elphaba has a hard time getting the green off. But it looks like its just around the hairline that she wasn't able to wash it all off.

Abby Annis said...

How fun you, Cheryl! That's one I've always wanted to see. :)

Anne said...

That is too cool! I just showed Tyler. He and I, his mom and Luke and Ash went yesterday to see it. Had we known we could have stuck around to meet the cast we would have. Those pictures are awesome. Such a good show, huh?

Glad to see that everything is going well with Jill and her baby, too. When is she due?