Friday, July 17, 2009

Girl's Night!

My oldest sister is about to give birth to a girl!!! We are very excited. She has 4 boys and 1 little girl that she adopted from Russia. We never really thought that the day would come that she would have a baby girl. It has been a really rough pregnancy so I decided to force a small shower on her... only we didn't call it a shower because she was embarrassed about the idea of people feeling like they had to come and bring her a present. It was just a fun party to celebrate how fun it is to be a girl! Anyway, me and my sisters and my cousins just couldn't resist the opportunity to get together and play.

We tried to keep it pretty low key. It started out just as a family, but of course, more and more people started asking me if there was a shower for Jill, so anytime brought it up, I invited them over. It was a good crowd and lots of fun. I hope no one feels excluded if they didn't get a call. Jill didn't want anyone feeling obligated to come, but at the same time, didn't want anyone feeling excluded. Oh well!


Here are me, my mom, sisters, sister-in-laws and neices:
(we make up a pretty good size crowd on our own!)
After just about everyone left, we remembered that my sister in law Beth brought a game for us to play, so here we are playing it.
Jill with her daughter during our game, with her best friend from HS.

2 comments:

Erin A said...

It is always fun to have a party! Jill looks great!

Mary-Sunshine said...

It was a blast!!! I love good times!