Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009... Part 1: Rob and Lisa's

We just got back from a nice, long summer vacation that will literally take me days to update all of, so let's get started!

We were up in Utah. We first stayed with our really good friends the Goeller's--Rob and Lisa. Lisa is very much like my big sister and Rob is the closest thing to a dorky big brother I have. We had lots of fun staying them. The girls especially were in heaven. Rob and Lisa's 2 youngest are girls, 10 and 8. Alyssa, the older one just took care of KL the whole time. It was so nice. I was say it was bath time and go to get the kids in the tub, and the next thing I knew, she was bringing out KL already bathed. KL just loved all the attention, and it wasn't just from Alyssa either. All of their kids were so cute with her. Even their 16 year old son was found out pushing her on the swing once.

L had lots of fun playing with their youngest Carissa. She doesn't always have girls to play with when we are visiting, so she was so happy to have a friend.


Unfortnately, this was the vacation of being sick. Most of the first few days of our trip, KL and CK were found like this:
They both had strep throat, complete with accompanying stomach flu, which they ended up passing on to D, and L. B seemed to be doing good, but the night before we left, he started saying he didn't feel well. So far, I don't think he has strep, but we will have to wait and see. I thought I was going to escape it too, but when we woke up bright and early to come home yesterday, I could feel the starting of the flu as well... I'm just grateful that it isn't the stomach flu and that it at least waited until we were on our way home.

When I walked in our house, I went into my bathroom to set something down and found this:


It was our 13th anniversary yesterday. Dave had flown home 1/2 through our trip and then flew back up to help me drive home...which was a surprise! We were really missing him so were so excited when he just showed up at my brother-in-law's house. Anyway, before leaving, he got the bathtub all set up for me to come home and enjoy my favorite thing... a nice hot bubble bath while reading a good book (that is Pride and Prejudice sitting atop that nice new set of towels). I was so excited for my bath... unfortunately, once I finally got around to getting in the tub, I found out that our pilot light had gone out on our water heater so there was no hot water... oh well. Hopefully soon...

Stay tuned for lots more exciting pictures and stories of our trip... I know you can't wait!

2 comments:

bethiepoos said...

awww how nice is dave!!! That is adorable!! baths are my fave too! glad your home cheryl xxx

Erin A said...

What a perfect time for a summer vacation to UT! The pictures look so green and cool.

Darling husband to think about that for you! Happy anniversary!

You are the third person I've heard from within a week whose pilot light went out on the water heater! Weird.