Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Decorations



I know it has been a while since I posted. It isn't for lack of trying. Part has been that I've been keeping pretty busy (and now I have a TON of catch up on this blog) and the other is that I have been having some technical difficulties with my computer. I'm hoping that I've got the problem resolved (or at least on the way to being resolved), and now will spend the next few weeks trying to cover all that we have been doing over the last few weeks. And so... without further adieu...

A few weeks ago, I went to pull out my fall decorations, but was more than a little disgusted when I opened my box that has been sitting in my garage for the last year. Everything was very wet and there were dead black bugs EVERYWHERE (as is evident from my once lovely fall wreath--yes, this was a werath).

Well, as I took each thing out piece by piece, I finally found out what had happened. Last year, I bought some decorative corn, small pumpkins, and other small gords. Without really thinking, I packed those up with my other decorations. As what is now very obvious to me, these sorts of fresh produce don't do so well sitting in a hot garage for a year.


All I can say is that at least it wasn't my Christmas decorations.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Gross! So sorry for you. I was debating keeping my gourds from this year, too, but I don't think I will. Although I do have very very cold storage under my porch. But still....
My sympathies.

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Yuck! That is too bad! At least it was outside!

Name Without End said...

At least they were dead bugs. I didn't even pull out my fall decorations this year. I did carve a pumpkin with Brennan however.