Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Woodworking

Recently, B completed all the requirements for him to earn his Wolf Badge in Cub Scouts. It was sort of a mad dash at the end, but we got it all done. One of the things he had to do was complete a wood working project. It was a little upsetting for him to have to spend time during Fall Break working on it, but the bitterness was lessened when his 2 buddies were able to come and work on it with him. In the end, all the boys had lots of fun working with my power tools (we used the drill, hammer, miter saw, and palm sander)--especially the saw. I also had fun using my tools and I've been itching for a big project ever since. It has been awhile since I've used some of my fun tools. It may have to wait for the new house, though.

I had explained to the boys that using a saw or a sander or anything that makes sawdust fly, it is important to wear something to protect their eyes. Naturally, I didn't have lots of safety goggles, so they proudly wore my sunglasses.


The boys using the sander


Naturally, L felt a little slided that this was a boy project and wanted to get in on the action too.
Here are the girls trying to do a project of their own, while A calmly sits in the bumbo, where she was from start to finish.


Here they are with the final product. May be had to tell, but they are bookends.
Carson, Zach and B

1 comment:

Em said...

I've been wanting some power tools lately. I would love to take a class and learn how to build stuff. I would love to do lunch with you and Nicole! Let's make sure it happens!