Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Cry The Day I Take The Tree Down

I don't know how many of you are familiar with The Forgotten Carols, but there is a song on that CD called I Cry The Day I Take The Tree Down, but it is now time for me to sing that song.  There is a line in there that says, "I wish the season could last all year long."  I truly feel that way, but sadly, tomorrow the kids will go back to school and all the decorations will come down.  What a sad day it is for me.  I decided to just post a few picture here since it will be the last time I see some of  these decorations for almost a whole year!  Sniff sniff!

Our front porch.  Funny story... the sign above the door says, "Mrs Claus's Bed and Breakfast"  The day after Thanksgiving, I had my door open.  It was overcast, so I had all the Christmas lights on too.  Anyway, I was just home from the temple and still in my dress, so I guess I didn't look the way you would normally expect someone to look who is just hanging around her house.  Well,  I heard someone say,  "Excuse me?" from my front door.  I walked over and said, "Yes?"  The lady then asked, "Is this a bed and breakfast?"  "Umm...no."  "Oh, your sign says bed and breakfast."  Me: "yeah, that's just a sign I made."  In my mind I'm adding, "it also says North Pole, established 1605."  Anyway, I've been laughing about that all month!

The stockings were hung. . . with care.  We have no chimney, so they reside on our banister.

I always love when I see things that say "believe."  This house certainly believes. . .  in the spirit of Santa and what he represents and honors.  

I have always loved this statue.  When I was little, someone gave my mom one of these and I just loved it.  A couple of years ago, I decided to go on a mission to find my own and here it is.  I still love it and the message it brings!

All the snow we need here!
I have a couple of nativity scenes, but this is my favorite and and so I keep it in my kitchen for 2 reasons... first because it is where we spend the most time and can always be reminded of what this time of year is all about and second because it is up high where the kids can't reach it!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas season and will have a great start to this new year!

4 comments:

Andrea W. said...

I love how festive you are, Cheryl. Am I crazy or do I remember when you made a couple of those stockings? That is hilarious that your sign confused that lady. Happy New Year!

bethiepoos said...

ooh cheryl
I loved that story about the bed and breakfast! hahhahah I just told mark and we are both laughing!! I wonder how on earth she found your house, or if someone had told her "theres a bed & breakfast place in highland5" you should have made a few dollars and let her stay!

mommy k said...

i hadn't heard the bed and breakfast story. too funny!

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Seriously? Bed & Breakfast! I do happen to know you are an excellent cook!

The house looks so festive! It must take more than a day to get everything put away. My problem is that I get things put away and then I find super after-Christmas bargains that then get stuffed in between bins. But I'm not complaining, I love the 75% off sales!