Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Fat Devil

Anyone who has ever met my daughter knows that that girl is a diva! Despite being a very pretty girl with a very sweet side, she answers to no one but herself and she feels certain that no one has the right to try and be in charge of her--least of al her parents. She will speak her mind, regardless of whether or not is appropriate, and not think twice about commanding the rest of the world around her (as, I am sure, she feels is her right).
Well, I'm not sure if any of you have heard of P90X, but it is an extreme workout program. There are often infomercials for it and whenever it would come on, Dave would stop what he was doing and just stare. So, being the kind and loving wife that I am, I got it for him for Christmas. I have been doing it with him too! (Hopefully, sometime soon, I'll have a post to say/show how wonderfully it is working.) There is a Yoga workout in there that will absolutely kill you! Dave and I did part of it last Saturday (only the first 1/3 of it) and we were both feeling it later! I mean, I've done yoga videos before, and it was nothing like this. Anyway, this last Saturday morning, while Dave was playing basketball, I decided I would do the rest of the yoga work out. It is 1 1/2 hours, so there was still an hour that I hadn't tried. As I was doing it, I'll be the first to admit, I struggled. There were some positions to hold that were just plain hard and for someone who has never tried some and others, not tried for years, it was almost impossible. As I lay on the floor struggling, L was kind of doing it with me--but selectively...only when she thought she could do it. Well, I kept falling out of one particular pose and then she said to me, "Mom, it's just because you have so much fat." I looked at her and said, "Thanks, L. That's not very nice." Her response: "Really, Mom. Jill would be able to do this." Ahhh. The sweet honesty of children. (By the way, Jill is my sister who is very slender).

About 45 minutes later after I was done and showered, I was suppose to be at the church for an activity. Dave wasn't quite home from basketball yet, but I still needed to get going because I had some of the main things were needed for the activity. Finally, I told D I would be leaving and he would be in charge till daddy got home. L immediately started making her opinions known that she didn't like that... he was to mean... he's no fun... etc. D's response was, "I don't know why you are complaining. You always say mom's the meanest." I looked at her and asked, "You think I'm mean?" She just gave me a little smile while D answered, "Yeah, she always calls you the Devil." Hmmm... I guess it is at least nice to know what they are saying about me! Also, as I do remind my kids, if they never thought I was mean, then I wouldn't be doing my job!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Cheryl! Kids do say the darndest things wither you want them to or not.

Andrea W. said...

Oh the brutal honesty of kids. She is hilarious. Remind me to never let her see me doing yoga!

The Curtis Family said...

When we were on our little hike all the kids wanted to hold hands with Jarad, not me. So Emma takes pity on me and holds my hand for a while. Fisher furtively glances back at me and in his quietest whisper (which as you know is about as quiet as a buffalo stampede) says to Jarad "Don't tell Mom, but I think all the kids love you better." Then he quickly looks at me and says "Mom, did you hear that?"

I'll admit. My feelings were hurt too, but it's just because I'm the all-day-long discipline agent.

And please. You're not fat.

Liz Richins said...

Oh... my stomach hurts!!! Now THAT"S funny!!!

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

I my gosh I laughed so hard! that is soo funny because I could never imagine you as the DEVIL. You are a super mom and so awesome. Man Watch out those teen years might kill you or her. lol.

by michelle shirley said...

LOL! I have a diva too! OK, so my sister and hubby do that same work out video as well. They love it and are losing inches! I need it ASAP!

Em said...

Funny! Someone said "Oh, You're expecting!" to me last weekend, so I feel your pain! Maybe I need to come workout with you!

Name Without End said...

My kids will tell you that I am the Meanest Mother in the whole world. Pualani told me she voted for me twice.