Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Temple with Grandpa and Grandma

We got to have Grandpa Allan and Grandma Shirley come and see us a couple of weeks ago. Naturally, it was so much fun for all of us and it was over far too soon. I really do love my in-laws. Whenever I hear people express difficulties about their in-laws, I'm always surprised, because I just can't relate. The only complaint that I can come up with is that they are too far away and we don't get spend nearly enough time with them! Nonetheless, we tried to make the most of the time we did have with them, and we had some fun!

One special thing we got to do was to go and take David to the temple. This was his 2nd time. He got to go in December with our ward, but this was the first time I go to with any of my kids. It was such a special experience for me! My dad had some family names he was able to be baptized for and Grandpa Allan was able to preform those ordinances. My mom was also there with us since she had just finished her weekly temple shift, so Shirley, my mom and I were all able to watch.

Here is David with Grandpa and Grandma after.

Me and my baby boy!

The day before, I had taken Allan and Shirley to go and pick oranges. Allan really had fun. (In fact to quote him, "This is the most fun I've ever had in AZ.") I was telling them how great it is when the trees blossom in March because of how good they smell. Well, there was a tree that was blossoming on the temple grounds. The smell wasn't nearly as fragrant as normal, but you could still smell it. Here they are trying to catch a whiff.

No comments: