Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Year! (School Year, That Is)

Another new school year has begun. Some of the kids were really excited to go back (namely, CK), and some were not so much (namely D). As for me, there are certainly things that I will miss about having my kids gone, but I am just so happy to have our routine back. I feel so much more productive when I have a set schedule, even if it does mean getting less sleep.

CK is still going to a different school this year so she is on a slightly different schedule. She started school a few days before the other kids. She is in a kindergarten/1st grade class. Since she has late birthday, I don't want her going onto first grade until next year. My original plan was for her to do kindergarten 2ce, but half way through the year, the state said you couldn't do that anymore. Long story short, she is in a class that is covering both kindergarten and 1st grade curriculum and next year she will move on to 1st grade. She is really loving it all.
Here she is on her first day (8/4/10):

The rest of the kids started yesterday (8/9/10)

Zach was already at our house before we had a chance to leave so he could get B so of course we had to get these 2 little best friends pictures together. (cute little side story: Zach's family is going to be moving soon, and it looks like we will too. Z asked his mom if after we moved if he and B would still be in the same school. When Jill said no, Z said, "Who's going to be my best friend then??" These 2 boys really are cute together. They truly are the best of buddies. What fun to have your cousin that close! What I wouldn't have given for this when I was a kid.)
B and Z 3rd grade (of course they are wearing their Bronco jersey's)

D: 7th grade. Here he is tolerating me taking his picture.

L: 3rd grade. She was only all too happy to pose for a picture.

All the school kids together;
B, D, L, CK

No comments: