Monday, January 18, 2010

My Amazing Little Runner

In a move that I can barely comprehend, my son decided to sign up for the school's cross country team. This boggles my mind because I absolutely hate to run. I'll do just about anything to exercise before running. I do it occasionally, but never because I just feel like a good run would be fun. Despite my attitude, D decided he wanted to do it. He has really loved it and has certainly improved over the season. I finally remembered to take my camera with me last week (the season ends tomorrow), so here are some pictures of his second to last track meet.

Here he is with his good friend Lee waiting for their race to begin.


Just starting.
He is in the middle of this pack...
you can see his head poking up over the others.

Coming around for the finish.
Yes, there is a little bit of a height difference.
Making his push for the finish line.
The finish
Like I said before, I could have never imagined that a child of mine would choose to run for fun, but he certainly has and he has worked hard. I'm so proud of him! Way to go, Buddy!

4 comments:

Erin A said...

That is awesome! I'm with you on the running.

Lynnae said...

I would see him coming home from practice and would not be able to believe my eyes. How can he be old enough to be on the school cross country team? Time REALLY does fly as you know. Great Job D!

The Shmecko said...

That is awesome!!! I ran Cross Country and Track as well. He is even more awesome now.

skierfamilymom said...

I was showing my daughter the pics of D in his race and when we got down to the last pic she said "Mom, did he win or what"? So, did he win?