Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh Baby!


I have been asked before it I was making an announcement, and I wasn't. For whatever reason, I haven't been able to go public with this, and I can't really say why. However, everything seems to be going just as it should. We are extremely excited and blessed to announce our 6th baby is due on April 26th--a great day to be born we have found, huh Julia and Kathryn? Like always, we have chosen not to find out what we are having, but KL keeps telling me it is a baby bruder. As of today, I am officially 1/2 way done(20 weeks), so I guess we will find out soon enough, huh?

The kids are all really excited. We had told D quite a while ago, and he kept the secret amazingly well. He didn't tell a soul. We let it him announce it to everyone on Thanksgiving. When he first said it, the adults let out their exclamations, but the kids weren't really paying attention. CK was standing next to me and not really listening, so I said, "Did you here that?"
CK: "What?"
me: "We are going to have another baby."
CK: "Sewiously?"
Me: "Yes."
CK: "Fow Weals?"
Me: "Yes."
CK: "Oh. My. Gosh."

Anyway, like I said, we are excited. The kids are all making their projections on what it will be (the girls think it will be a girl--except for KL, of course-- and the boys are hoping for a baby brother). D got a big kick out of feeling it kick tonight as we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. As for me, I'm just feeling very blessed to already have 5 amazing kids and now to get to have another! What a great life!

8 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Woo hoo!!!! First of all can I just say that you are amazing if you are half way through your pregnancy and it's not totally obvious to everyone? Secondly, and more importantly, CONGRATULATIONS! What a woman, 6 kids. Babies are the best.

Erin A said...

I am so happy and excited for you!!! It will be especially fun for your older kids since they will be able to remember helping with the little one!

Mary-Sunshine said...

YEAH!!!! I am so excited for another Pauole neice or nephew!!!!!

Kierra said...

I am now not going to believe you when you tell me you are not expecting...congrats

amy said...

congrats Cheryl!

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

CONGRATS!!!! how do you do it all?

Em said...

Congratulations! SIX kids! It seems like just yesterday that we were hanging out under your stairs listening to tapes of "you know who" (I'm not revealing the name of the band in case you're embarrassed about your previous taste in music).

Sally said...

I was just talking to Cindy today and she asked if you were pregnant, and I said "No, I don't think so. Or haven't heard. " I'll update her. I know how it is to keep a secret, too. :) Good luck. I hope you feel well. I miss you. :)