Saturday, April 18, 2009

Busy, Fun Saturday

Today was a very busy day, but we had lots of fun. It started out with the boys football games. B's game was first, then D's. We had a one hour intermission. here are some pictures of B's game: (he is the 2nd from the right in the red and white jersey)

Here is some from D's game:

At one point during D's game, I looked back and saw B and cousin same like this:

We ended up being there for over 3 hours. Sweet little KL was so good. She stayed in her stroller the time! She only asked to get out once, but I was able to distract her. She is awfully cute because she will start cheering for her brother's and cousins. Here is a little clip of her:



After the game, we went home for what I am sure my children will tell you was a grueling afternoon of cleaning. Once it was done (or I was done fighting for it), we went to Grammy and Grandpa's house for an Easter Egg Hunt. I know that last week was Easter, but we just couldn't work it in last week.

Here is my Grandma June sitting by the front window so she could watch all the little kids.

KL was so excited about getting eggs again. After last week, she knew what was inside them.
I had hid some in the bushes off the walk way so her she is trying to get it. For some reason, she wouldn't climb down into the dirt to get it. She felt much better laying down on the sidewalk and reaching with all her might for it.

CK:
Just a cute little story about her to go with this cute picture. Last night she went to a birthday party for my niece. She was so excited about being able to go with the big girls and asked all afternoon when it was time to go. When I went to go and pick her up, I was carrying her out to the car and she laid her head on my shoulder and said, "Mommy, guess what." "What?" "I had a weally gweat time tonight."

Here is L after she found her eggs:

D... he didn't end up with all his eggs. We had the kids go out in shifts and since he was in the oldest group, there weren't many eggs left. He would find one, open it and decide he didn't want it and throw it back. Really, I can't blame him because I used all the candy that has been sitting around here all week, having all ready been rejected on Easter. Oh well. I guess my dad will get lots of fun treats over the next few weeks when ever he goes out to work on the yard.

This is B checking out what was in the egg before he decided if he was going to keep it. For the record, this one didn't make the cut.
After the Egg hunt, my dad made a fire for the kids to roast hot dogs then the boys went to go and play ball. I was watching them and just couldn't help but think how lucky the are and they have no idea. I can't tell you how jealous I always was of kids who had lots of cousins that lived close. And to have grandparents close by!?!?!? I would have given just about anything for that.My mom walked by when they were outside playing. Apparently, B had been walked and so he went to take his base, but the other boys were telling him they didn't play that way. He had to hit or he struck out--he couldn't walk. To which he replied, "But the vampire told me I could!" Huh? We realized he meant Umpire. I guess this Twilight stuff is really starting to rub off on the kids after all!

One last picture. My parents had this spontaneous sunflower pop up at their house. I couldn't believe how big it was. The stem was at least 1" in diameter. I told L and Anna to get close to it so I could take the picture and you could see just how big it was. Crazy!

2 comments:

Some Kind of Crazy said...

That all sounds like so much fun! I always wished I had cousins around too. Great job with the pictures!

Jill said...

How fun to have an easter egg hunt with all that land. You little yard is small and easy to find the eggs. Football really takes up alot of Saturday. But it is fun to watch and fun for the boys to play.