Thursday, April 7, 2011

I just don't get it.

So, I've finally joined the world of Facebook. I've stubbornly refused for some time to sign up, but I feel as though my hand was forced when D (who just a few shorts weeks away from being a teenager) decided that needed to be on. I've successfully kept him off for a while, but with his new age, comes certain new assertions that he is making. Last month, I received a text from my brother in law in MD saying that he had become a FB friend of my first born. Hmm... I had 2 choices. Get mad at him and have him consider going behind my back to do it anyway, and be super sneaky about it so I don't know, or 2, get on board too so I could keep tabs on him. I decide the latter was the better option.

Well, I'm a few weeks into this and I've just got to say, that I just don't get what the big deal is. Frankly, I find it more annyoing than anything else. Do I really need to know every time anyone I knows comments on the pictures or random thoughts of everyone they know or make comments on other's thoughts? Does everyone I've ever met need to be made aware of the fact that I'm extremely tired because KL woke up in the middle of the night and then woke up A setting of 2 hour long chain reaction? Or that D had a fun ol time hanging out at the park with some friends? Also, I will notice that there are "notifications" for me. When I check them, I will see that friend X has posted on my wall, however, the screen that pulls up everyone's thoughts show no such comments where I'm looking. I can select the "wall" tab on other people's facebook page, but never my own! ARGH!! I guess I can sort of see the draw, but really... it is just too much!!!!! I'm sure that I will eventually become a little bit more facebook-saavy, and not be so down on the whole thing, but still... it will never become to me what it seems to be to so many others. I think I'd much rather stick to my blog!!!

7 comments:

bethiepoos said...

ooh cheryl, you little caveman you!

Kierra said...

I agree I think it is a pain and frankly it was a waste of time to me.' I am no longer a facebooker . Good luck and I look forward to many more blog updates from you:)

Heaton's said...

I felt like that too. I am new to facebook also and don't quite understand the "its raining" or "I'm driving" or "eating dinner now" posts every five seconds,but it has been nice to see old friends and keep tabs on everyone. I think its good in small doses.

Erin A said...

Coming from someone who doesn't have a FB account, I hope you definitely continute to keep up your blog! I love all your stories and pictures!

The Curtis Family said...

Yeah, my blog took a major hit when I started FB. But now I don't do either very much so there you have it.

Em said...

If you want to see your wall, click on "profile".

Name Without End said...

FB to me is just a quick way to stay in touch with friends and family without having to write a whole blog. I usually run through it once a day and make comments here and there. I probably don't even read a fourth of it.