Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grandma June

Last month, my Grandma June turned 88. My grandpa hosted a little party for which was lots of fun. I have been so blessed to have my grandparents in my life. I was raised with all 4 of my grandparents and am so fortunate that my kids have been able to get to know and love them too. They are all the greatest examples and I just can't say enough how much it means to me to have them.

My Grandma has Alzheimer's, so memory isn't quite what it once was, but her sweet, fun-loving spirit hasn't changed. She is still so quick to laugh and giggle and just loves to be the center of attention--making everyone around her laugh as well. I just love that no matter what else can't remember, she remembers her testimony and her faith in Christ, as well as her love for her amazing husband, Pug. The 2 of them have been the best example anyone could ask for when it comes to a wonderful, loving marriage. My Grandpa has always treated her like she was a queen and the best thing that ever happened to him, and my grandma will still tell us all about how she met him (at Jordan High--she and her sister had decided to transfer there to check out the cute boys at a new school. She chose that good looking guy, Pug, from the second she saw him in history class, and he certainly had his eye on her from the first minute too.)




Dancing
(they have always been great dancers and won a jitterbug contest in their crazy high school days)


1 comment:

Name Without End said...

You Grandma June is so beautiful. She has never lost that sweet smile and wonderful personality. I should be so lucky.