Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New School

When CK first started school, it had been my intention to have her do kindergarten 2ce. She has a late summer birthday and so she falls in that time where you wonder when is the best time for her to go. Anyway, she did start school this year in kindergarten. As time went on, I really started to second guess that decision and wondered if I should have moved her on to first grade. She has done really well and never struggled with anything. Then, I realized that all the girls in her primary class here, and all the girls her age in the ward we are moving into are all in 1st grade. So, after much deliberating and discussing, I decided she should be in first grade. Since I was putting her in 1st, there was no reason for me to keep her in a different school anymore. She was really excited to move over to the same school as her brothers and sister. I feel really fortunate that she got to have the same teacher that the twins had. She is wonderful. In fact, she was just selected as our districts Teacher of the Year.

Here is CK just as her 1st day was starting (note the kids lining up to come).
She looks a little apprehensive, but I promise, she was excited and has really loved it!

No comments: