Sunday, September 19, 2010

Medford, NJ (1978-1987)

Dave had to go out of town on business a few weeks ago and as luck would have it, he got to go back to where he grew up. He took some pictures of his old neighborhood, and so without further ado, here is Dave's very first post on our family blog:

96 Tallowood Drive.


The sewer that we had to climb down to retrieve balls.


The path to the lake.



The beach, taken on the Saturday of the annual Labor Day volleyball tournament.


The bridge.


From the bridge looking at the dock.


Cranberry Pines, Cranberry Pines, as a school you sure are fine...



LYAA fields.


Johnson's Corner Farm.


Shawnee.



"New" church built directly across the street from Shawnee.


Settler's Inn burned down, replaced by a fancy new grill; the area behind Settler's Inn remains in tact and hosts a farmer's market on Saturday mornings.


5 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, so I remember most of the pictures, but not all. I still can't believe how many trees are there. You can't even see the house. I really wonder what it looks like inside...

The Curtis Family said...

This all makes sense. Dave has never really struck me as an east coaster. Oregon fits him much better I think.

The Curtis Family said...

OK I stand corrected. Dave remains a mystery... I still say Oregon fits him better LOL.

Name Without End said...

My computer went down so this is the first time I've had a chance to look at the blog. The trees really have grown but other then that, it all looks the same.

Jen O. said...

Hi Dave (and Dave's wife)!

I don't know if you remember me, but I grew up around the corner from you and your family, on Fairview Rd across from the water tower. These pictures are great! We have all the same landmarks in our memories. Here's a pic I took of the Tamarac Lake beach trail:

http://instagr.am/p/GYX6V/?ref=nf

You have a beautiful family, and I hope all is well!

Jen Oliver