Sunday, November 29, 2009

Baptism

This post is obviously overdue. Sorry! Still, it was a very special day for the twins, and especially for Dave and I. It is already an extremely special experience to see your child baptized, but 2 at the same time? I really am thankful for all of my kids, but it was a day to be especially thankful for those 2 and the great kids they are.

I had them get together before we left for a quick picture, but KL insisted on jumping in.Here is just the 2 of them. We got B a new suit for the occasion. He is so overwhelmingly proud of it. He just couldn't wait to show it off to everyone.
Here they are in their white clothes:
They were so lucky to have both of their grandmas here.
Grammy, Grandma Shirley, B, L
Dave, Me, L, and B
Dave and B
L wanted my dad to baptize her.
CK insisted on jumping in for a picture
Grandpa, L, CK, B, Dave
Grandpa, L, B, Dave

We had a special surprise for my parents that day. My little sister has been up at BYU-I. She wasn't going to be able to come home for Thanksgiving, but Jill and I were able to arrange for her to come down. She flew home the night before, but no one but us knew about it. It was my parents anniversary that day, so it was a special surprise for them. I pulled my dad out into the foyer. He was a little overcome with emotion.
Here is she is with my mom.

This is just a cute picture of my little brother, Erik with CK and my niece Evelynne after.
So, as you can see, it was a very special day. I'm so thankful that B and L wanted to be baptized, and am also so grateful for all the wonderful family and friends that were able to come and support them.

3 comments:

Larsens said...

wish i could have been there. fun pictures, but hard to look at them! congrats b and l! we are so proud of you two!

SELPH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Wow it was a great day! Seriously you and Jill are awesome the surprise you both gave your parents looked like such a sweet moment. I cries when I saw that. I know how much it must have meant to them to have her there.

Mary-Sunshine said...

What a fun day! It was very special and to have Katy there was magical! I am so proud of my neice and nephew! They are such good kids!