Thursday, November 17, 2011

Progress!!!

A while back, our house hit an absolute stand still. The lovely town inspector decided he didn't like my brother (he admitted this to another superintendent in the neighborhood), and as a result, they refused to let us pass a major inspection for over a month an a half. It was so frustrating, but eventually, we got our pass. It was such a momentous event, that the next day, we got donuts and had breakfast down at the picnic table across the street.

Here is A enjoying her yummy breakfast




B and L (our house in the back ground)

A, KL, L, D, Dave, CK
Here is our house...as it looked the day it finally passed its frame inspection

B, D, and A

A and Dave

After we had breakfast, we were walking to look through our house. As I got closer, I saw a little something walking along our back fence line. I could tell it wasn't a bird, because it wasn't going fast enough, and it never flew off. Sure enough, it was a little turtle!!

Not sure where it came from, but it got quite nervous when the kids gathered around to watch. As soon as I was able to get them to back off, the little guy high-tailed it back the direction it came from. Hope it found its home!!
I'm happy to report that the house is still moving forward and is being painted, even as I type this. It is so exciting to see the progress and imagine what it will be like to live in this beautiful dream house. We truly are blessed!!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Cheryl, I thought of you last weekend, because we watched So I Married and Axe Murderer for our date, and at the end when the credits were rolling, I saw you signing s-a-t-u-r-da-y- night, over and over again! I could even do it for Troy, I'd seen you so many times!
Good luck with your house, how exciting!
I miss you!

Sally said...

Wait, what's that on your sidebar?! Another baby for Cheryl? Congratulations! I'm sure it will be beautiful, like all your others. Yea!!

Erin A said...

That is wonderful news!! So happy for you! You're a girl after my own heart--I'd definitely celebrate with donuts too!