Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another Year Closer to the Top of the Hill

We celebrated Dave's birthday just a few days before the princess's. He told her several times that day that she was his best birthday present ever, even if she came just a few days late. She just loved hearing that, even if she didn't totally grasp it. Here he is with with the rest of our treasures (KL had fallen asleep by this point.)


Opening presents...he is wondering why I wrapped up his phone...it was because I got him a scripture app for his phone.

Just about the only thing he requested for his birthday was to have cinnamon rolls instead of a cake. I woke up nice and early and got going on them. Unfortunately, the got a little over cooked and so they weren't all they could have been. I don't think he ended up eating any. That's ok. The kids didn't seem to notice anything was amiss with them, even if Dave and I could. Still-- what a bummer when you put all that work into something and have it all fall apart 3 minutes from the end!
All in all, it was a pretty laid back day, but I hope he felt as loved and appreciated as he made me feel on my birthday!

No comments: